Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Below are some "Quotes of the Moment" which have been, or will be, featured on our front page. Feel free to add more!
- "PR means telling the truth and working ethically - even when all the media want is headlines and all the public wants is scapegoats. Public relations fails when there is no integrity." - Viv Segal of Sefin Marketing (South Africa)
- "PR is extremely important, and being able to use it in the right way means everything. You have to market your success." - Lee Haney, bodybuilder and former "Mr. Olympia."
- "This is not a secret press bureau. All our work is done in the open. We aim to supply news." - from Declaration of Principles by Ivy Ledbetter Lee (1877-1934), founder of modern public relations.
- "The public is the only critic whose opinion is worth anything at all." - Mark Twain
- "Propaganda will never die out. Intelligent men must realize that propaganda is the modern instrument by which they can fight for productive ends and help to bring order out of chaos." – public relations pioneer Edward Bernays, Propaganda, 1928, pg 168.
- "The counsel on public relations is not an advertising man but he advocates for advertising where that is indicated. Very often he is called in by an advertising agency to supplement its work on behalf of a client. His work and that of the advertising agency do not conflict with or duplicate each other." – public relations pioneer Edward Bernays, Propaganda, 1928, pg 65
- "To get something going from nothing, you need the validity that only third-party endorsements can bring" - Al & Laura Ries, The Fall of Advertising and the Rise of PR
- "In crisis management, be quick with the facts, slow with the blame." - Leonard Saffir
- "My view is different. Public relations are a key component of any operation in this day of instant communications and rightly inquisitive citizens." - Alvin Adams, diplomat, (1804-1877)
- "Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some hire public relations officers." - Daniel Boorstin, American historian (1914-2004)
- "An image is not simply a trademark, a design, a slogan or an easily remembered picture. It is a studiously crafted personality profile of an individual, institution, corporation, product or service." - Daniel Boorstin, American historian (1914-2004)
- "A public relations firm said that rock star David Lee Roth owes them over $110,000. The strange thing is that it's the first time that David Lee Roth has had any publicity in ten years." - Conan O'Brien, comedian
- "Strategy is the articulation of the overall objectives along with general guidelines on achieving those objectives." - Leonard Saffir in 'Power Public Relations
- "PR is a mix of journalism, psychology, and lawyering—it’s an ever-changing and always interesting landscape." Ronn Torossian, 5WPR
- "The formulation of a public relations strategy properly begins with listening, not talking." - Leonard Saffir